Wednesday 28 December 2011

Daily Make Up Routine

Hello! I firstly start with a moisturiser, The one I'm using at the moment - just to use it up, really - is Clean & Clear Shine Control Daily Facial Moisturiser. Once this is complete, I take my No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in 03 Porcelain. I loved this when I first purchased it & began using it, however, I don't particularly like it any more, as its a matte finish - its obviously not moisturising & I think that's what I need. Next investment is a liquid foundation. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment! Next, I apply No7 Quick Cover Concealer in 02 Extra Fair under my eyes, around the eye area & on any blemishes. This blends really well, once you have warmed the product up between your fingers. I really like this concealer, although I do want to try Collection 2000's that literally everyone has been raving about. I can see a haul coming on soon.. Okay, Once this is done, I move on to (sometimes, depending on my mood), applying some NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, which I had to depot into a little jar, as I couldn't for the life of my sharpen it! Finally for the base of my make up, I finish with a little e.l.f Eyelid Primer in Sheer. I love e.l.f's products, especially for the quality & price. Cannot go wrong! Once this is all done & dusted, within bout 5 minutes, I get something like this..
As you can probably tell, my skin does not at all look dewy or glowing, just really matte. I don't particularly like this look at the moment, especially with my skin being in between dry & oily. Anyhow, this is what I look like with my base complete.

I now move on to using my e.l.f Professional Eye Shadow Brush, which is create as it packs on all of  your chosen colour. I chose a neutral light shade from my little trusty Revlon Colourstay 12 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in 02 Coffee Bean. Now, I really do want M.U.A Heaven & Earth Palette, or the Sleek one! But, this one does relatively the same job. So, I sweep my brush across the lightest shaded all over my eye area, from lash to brow. Then take the second lightest, & sweep that just across my eyelid, to add a little more dimension. These two colours are very subtle & barely there, but they will make a difference.
Okay, moving on, I take my newly acquired No7 Eyeshadow Blend & Contour Brush (which is amazing! Perfect dupe for the MAC 217), & lightly swirl it in the third colour down/third lightest, effectively. I take this, & blend away into my eye socket/crease, very lightly. I repeat this step until I am happy with the outcome. This just adds dimension to your face, so its not just flat, & its not too much for a every day look, as they are very neutral colours. I also sometimes add a very little touch of the darkest shadow into my crease, just if I want something extra!
Right, I then take my trusty Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner in 001 100% Black, which I could honestly not live without - its the only one I've used, as far as liquid is concerned. I take this from the centre if my eyelid, working it across to the outer edge & creating a flick. Then I come back ion myself to fill in the corner of my eye. This technique had taken me a few years to accomplish & I'm still working on it! So, if you're struggling with Liquid Liners don't worry, practice makes perfect. A handy tip, is to practise before you take your make up off, on a night. That way you won't spoil your make up if it goes wring, etc.
Almost done.. I apply a coat of Avon SuperCurlacious Mascara in black to my lashes, vibrating the wand from root to tip. once this is still wet/tacky, I'll take my Rimmel Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt Volume & Lift Mascara in Black & brush this through my lashes. I'll take the first mascara, & apply this to my lower lashes (depending on my mood!).
 Now the eye is done. I usually take Avon True Colour Blush in Russet, & apply this to my cheeks, just above where you would contour. I apply this with my e.l.f Stipple Brush. I know this brush is best for cream products, but it works for me! As I have just got my hands on the new BLINK + GO Eye Shadow & Blush, I have been using the lightest shade blush, just on the apples of my cheeks. Still getting used to it, so I'll see how that goes!
As I am blonde, I do have very fair eyebrows, so depending on whether I have time, or the look I am creating, I will use a touch of Revlon Vital Radiance Brow Fill-In Powder in 02 Blonde, and stroke this through my brows, in little feather motions, for a more natural look. 
I'll finally sweep a touch of Avon Ideal Shade Pressed Powder in Fair, across my face. I only use a touch, as the foundation was matte, so it just for extra measure for throughout the day!

 This is the finished look! I rarely wear anything at all on my lips. I am, however, contemplating investing in a MAC Lipstick, then I'd have to wear it! I do sometimes apply some Boots 17 Lipstick in Beehive, which is a gorgeous glossy lipstick, with a very neutral colour. So, this is what I wear pretty much everyday. The products I use are quite long lasting, as I look the same as I dead in the morning 'till evening.

If you have any questions, queries, etc, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x