Monday 2 January 2012

Barry M Nail Paints

Hello! I thought I would create a post on my little collection of Barry M Nail Paints. I'm a avid lover of there polishes. I don't find a single problem with them. They are available in a varied selection of colours - which I still want to purchase & own!
Here is a some photos of the ones I currently own, including two new ones I've recently acquired, which I have yet to try!



From left to right:
Silver Foil Effects 319, Purple Nail Effects 322, Mushroom 310, Hologram 244, White Nail Effects 316, Black Nail Effects 311, Strawberry 309 & Lime Green 137.

I have to say, I absolutely love all of these shades! One of my favourite shades is the Hologram one. This is a perfect polish to top a dark coloured base. I usually tend to apply 2 - 3 coats, depending on how strong I want to pigments of the polish to show. As this is more of a top coat polish, you don't get a lot of the hologram particles on to the applicator brush, which requires you to apply several coats, if you wish to have as many holograms as possible! Unfortunately, this means you have also applied lots of coats, requiring longer drying time. However, if you have time to kill on a night time, whilst watching your favourite movie/soap, this won't be a problem - at least I don't see it, as the outcome is so beautiful & eye catching! I also like to use this if I have a light/sheer/neutral polish on all of my fingers & just applying this to my ring fingers, gives a great subtle effect, perfect for just an everyday look!

Another colour I adore, especially in summer, is the Lime Green. Its a bright, vivid, mushy pea green colour. I love to pair this with the White Crackle Nail Effects polish, as it creates the most unusual look, that will sure get you noticed! I can't wait for the summer to come round, so I can apply this look!

The Mushroom shade is a most used polish I use, as its so neutral, & is suitable for night or day, everyday or occasion. If I'm undecided on which polish I want to go for, this one is what I'd usually grab. It also goes with a lot of outfits, needing you not to co-ordinate!

Finally, the two shades on the left are the one's I recently received for Christmas. I'm really excited to try out both of these! The first one is the Silver Foil Effects, which gives the effect of a foil nail - pretty self explanatory! As soon as I heard about this, I instantly logged into YouTube to see what it was all about. I have yet to see what the polish looks like on a nail in person, as I don't think you'd get the true colour & foil effect on camera. I'll soon see, though!

Lastly is the purple Crackle Effects Polish. I love the crackle polishes, whether people think they were so last season or not - I wear what I personally like! I own the Black & White version, but a purple is my favourite colour, I was excited to unwrap this one! Its a gorgeous deep purple, that I think would look lovely under a lighter similar colour. I shall no doubt be making a post about what I think about these!

All of these polishes have a lovely application, requiring between 1-2 coats, depending on the polish itself. I usually apply 2, although if I'm feeling lazy, I'll be satisfied with the 1! They have quite good longevity, too. As I regularly do general housework, I find that these polishes withstand the abuse, they probably face! I tend to paint my nails once a week, as I find that its as long as I need.
I really cannot recommend these enough. They come in fabulous shades, perfect for any time.
I'm contemplating next purchasing the Croc Effects Polish, which you can purchase here, along with several other of their shades!

I hope you all liked this post. I really enjoyed writing this & reminiscing over the colours. I'm now desperate to paint my nails! If you have any recommendations or polishes you think I'd love, please write them in the comments. I love hearing feedback!

If you have any questions, queries, etc, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you!

LuceeLovesBeautyBox.

xxx

12 comments:

  1. I love Barry M nail paints as well - I love strawberry in the summer but mushroom is probably my favourite one I own :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in heaven browsing through their counter!
    Strawberry is such a pretty colour perfect for the summer. I can't wait to start wearing bright pops of colour again!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have most of these, except from the strawberry one! I love Barry M nail varnises, and I will probably do a post like this soon! :D xxxx

    islaay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strawberry one is gorgeous! Can't wait to check your post out!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the silver foil, it's one of my favourite polishes atm :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to try it! Once I've soaked my gel nails off, I'm painting this on!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the 'Spring Green'..however, noticed (and so has others) that it leaves a horrible yellow stain on the nails. I do love the Yellow collections they have (Yellow, Acid Yellow & Lemon Ice Cream), such a vivid colour and reminds me of sherbet; tastey! Hehe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it does leave behind a stain after wearing it. You can tell its been sometime since I've worn this shade! Its unfortunate, as you really just have to attempt to fade the stain or wait for it to grow out. Wearing a base coat may help prevent the extremes of this negative point, though!
    I really want to purchase some of their bright shades for summer! Lemon Ice Cream looks so pretty! Bold, yet subtle!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some gorgeous colours there!
    Laur x

    Www.betwixtlaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want so many more! There is only so many I can own, before its impossible to use them all!
    Thank you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Silver Foil Effects and also it's sister, the Gold foil, the are both so great for stamping konad style. Crips designs every single time. Have you tried them for that? I recommend you getting the gold, you're going to really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try a Konad Stamp, so I'll bear in mind your recommendation!
      The gold looks very pretty & versatile, too!

      xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I do reply to all comments, as I appreciate the time you have took to read my little blog!

If you would like to, you can contact me on Twitter @LuceeLoves or via email lucykennard91@gmail.com! I would love to hear from you!

Love, Lucy. x